Hey Mighty Paw fam, Barbara here to talk to you about our earth-friendly poop bags!
They may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you're checking off your doggie accessory shopping list, but they're still an important one.
After all, it's the law almost everywhere to pick up after your dog and for a good reason, too!
Dog waste can harbor bacteria and parasites, some less and some more harmful to your pup's health. Contrary to popular belief, it does not act as a natural fertilizer like cow or horse poop!
I remember walking my pups past a pile of dog poop once that was wriggling with round worms! That's a sight you don't really forget.
Obviously it's just beyond disgusting on a visual level, but more importantly, I really don't want my pups getting near, or worse: eating, any infested poop and getting sick themselves.
So yeah, there's more than a good reason why we should all pick up after our pups!
Did You Know That The Mighty Paw Poop Bags Are Earth-Friendly?
When we designed our waste bags here at Mighty Paw, we wanted to make sure we designed fun looking, eco-friendly poop bags that are easy on our landfills.
Our lavender-scented bags are made of high-density polyethylene (HDPE), so they're biodegradable and easy on our landfills. Even the packaging is made from recycled material!
It takes about 3 months for our biodegradable dog poop bags to decompose.
Our rolls fit into holders of any size, and quality inter-bag perforation makes it easier to tear bags off the roll while holding your dog's leash.
We designed the bags to be extra thick (0.6 mil) for added strength to avoid leaks, and to fit any size hands, even large manly ones!
The coating of the bags is water-resistant for a cleaner pickup experience, which comes in handy when you're picking up poop that's more on the liquid side!
You can choose between green and orange poop bags AND save when you're setting up a subscription:
Size(s): 9" X 13" (15 bags per roll)
- 8 rolls (120 bags). Subscribe & save 10%: $8.09. Delivery every 30 days. One time purchase: $8.99.
- 40 rolls (600 bags). Subscribe & save 10%: $22.04. Delivery every 30 days. One time purchase $24.49.
- Lavender scent
- Bags are biodegradable (EPI), making them easier on our landfills
- HDPE material (High-density polyethylene) is environmentally friendly while offering high-tensile strength
- Extra-large bags (9" X 13") fit hands of any size
- Bags are thicker (.06 ml) for extra durability
- Universal rolls are capable of fitting into any dog poop bag holder
- Quality inter-bag perforation makes it easier to tear bags off the roll
- Water-resistant coating for a cleaner pickup experience
- 90-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! Return your product to us within 90 days and get 100% of your money back.
Tip: The 40 roll boxes are great for dog walkers and families with multiple pups!
Full disclosure and true story: Before I started working at Mighty Paw, I ran my own dog walking and pet sitting business and would stock up on Mighty Paw poop bags regularly.
They were large enough to hold my biggest clients' Mastiff and Great Dane poop and served double duty for cleaning out cat litter boxes too, so I couldn't have asked for better poop bags quite frankly!
Here's another tip for all aspiring professional dog walkers and pet sitters: Poop bags are a tax-deductible expense, so keep your receipts! This applies to all other dog walking gear as well like collars, harnesses, leashes, etc.
The neatest way to dispense individual poop bags is by using a dog poop bag holder.
Our version of it is made with weatherproof material and durable hardware that's super easy to clean if you ever get it dirty.
It has a zippered pouch and 2 velcro straps that easily attach around any belt or leash.
Alternatively, you can also clip it onto extra D-rings on your leash or harness with its built-in carabiner clip.
If you're a fan of dog treat pouches for easy treat access during training sessions, you'll love ours because it comes with a built-in poop bag holder AND a free roll of poop bags.
Are you & your pup(s) ready to try our earth-friendly poop bags? Click below:
- Mighty Paw Earth-Friendly Dog Poop Bags
- Mighty Paw Dog Poop Bag Holder
- Mighty Paw Treat Pouch with Built-In Poop Bag Dispenser
Barbara Rivers writes regularly for Mighty Paw. She is a blogger, raw feeder, former dog walker and maintains the blog K9s Over Coffee.
If you enjoyed this blog post, sign up for more here! You may also like:
P.S. We'd love to invite you to our Facebook Furlings group! It's a closed group with exclusive benefits for members only:
- Access to pre-production products in return for honest feedback
- Opportunity to peek behind the scenes: Get to know Mighty Paw on a more personal level
- Exclusive early sale access: We'll share our special discount codes with you before anyone else hears about them
- Be part of a community of like-minded dog lovers: Find dog training resources and get inspired and motivated by your fellow 2,000+ Furlings