Hey Mighty Paw fam, Barbara here to show off our redesigned Dog Treat Pouch 2.0!
Our original treat bag is quite functional too, but we went ahead and improved it in 3 major ways:
- Magnetic closure instead of drawstring closure
- 3 additional ways to wear it
- 1 additional storage compartment
Pretty exciting, right?!
Get Ready For Super Fast Treat Access With Mighty Paw's Dog Treat Pouch 2.0!
You may know that it's super important to time your reward well in dog training.
Your dog needs that in order to make the connection between the desired behavior and the command you're giving your dog.
For example, to practice the sit command with your dog:
- The moment their butt touches the ground, say "YES, sit" to mark the behavior, followed by rewarding with a treat.
- If your pup's reluctant to sit, you can lure them into it from a standing position. To do this, grab a treat from your pouch and hold it slightly over your dog's head, then move it backwards. Make sure you're not holding it up too high to keep your pup from jumping for it! The moment your pup sits, mark the behavior verbally, then give them the treat.
Quick Access Without The Spills
So in order to improve the speed with which you're able to access the treats, we switched our original drawstring closure out for a magnetic one.
As a matter of fact, the Mighty Paw Treat Pouch 2.0 now features two strong magnets inside the main treat compartment.
This means you can now access your pup’s treats more quickly. Once you remove your hand from the treat compartment, it automatically cinches closed to prevent any spilling...as well as curious doggie noses from taking over the bag!
Our ambassador Joanna uses the Mighty Paw Treat Pouch 2.0 to practice all sorts of behaviors with her pup Nyx. For example, heeling, coming when called and fun stuff like waving.
Tip: Practice at home too because there's a lot less distractions than in the grand outdoors!
Other Benefits of The Mighty Paw Treat Pouch 2.0
Lots of Storage
Our new treat pouch measures 7" x 2.5" x 5" and has 4 storage solutions! That's one more than in our original treat pouch.
- The main compartment holds two cups of treats or kibbles so you never run out of food rewards.
- Use the strong mesh pocket and the zippered pouch on the front of the bag to store your phone, wallet and/or keys.
- You’ll never run out of poop bags thanks to our integrated poop bag holder on the side of the bag, and we’re even hooking you up with a free roll of poop bags!
4 Convenient Hands-Free Uses
We designed our treat pouch 2.0 with a multi-purpose belt sling and a metal clip.
You can wear it 4 different ways:
- Over the shoulder or
- Across your body using the shoulder strap that adjusts from 30”-52”
- Around your waist by looping the adjustable belt sling onto the 2 attachment points, or
- On your belt or pants by attaching the metal clip accordingly.
Easy to Clean, Stylish & Safe
Our treat bag is made of stylish high quality, weatherproof polyester and interior lining which makes it super easy to clean.
To clean the main compartment, empty it, pull out the lining and wipe it down with a moist cloth or towel. Once it's dry you can refill it!
You can also use a moist cloth or towel to wipe down the outside of the treat pouch.
That means you can confidently use it in all climates regardless of rain, snow or shine!
Quick Recap of Mighty Paw's Dog Treat Pouch 2.0
- 4 pockets for treats, poop bags, phone, wallet and/or keys
- 2 cup treat capacity in main compartment
- Front mesh pocket
- Zippered front pouch
- Side poop bag dispenser
- Strong magnetic closure
- Multi-purpose belt sling/shoulder strap
- 2 attachment point D-rings for the belt sling/shoulder strap
- Strong metal belt clip
- Weather-resistant, premium polyester
- Stylish design and interior lining
- 1 free roll of poop bags
- Dimensions: 7” x 2.5” x 5”
- Belt Sling/Shoulder Strap Length: 30”-52”
Are you ready for quick treat access on your training sessions and walks? Then grab our new Dog Treat Pouch 2.0 here!
Did you know? We’re offering free U.S. shipping on ALL orders!
Barbara Rivers writes regularly for Mighty Paw. She is a blogger, raw feeder, former dog walker and maintains the blog K9s Over Coffee.
If you enjoyed this blog post, you may also like:
P.S. We'd love to invite you to our Facebook Furlings group! It's a closed group with exclusive benefits for members only:
- Access to occasional pre-production products in return for honest feedback
- Opportunity to peek behind the scenes: Get to know Mighty Paw on a more personal level
- Be part of a community of like-minded dog lovers: Find dog training resources and get inspired and motivated by 2,600+ fellow Furlings