Hey Mighty Paw fam, Barbara here to tell you all about the best dog leash for running: The Mighty Paw Hands-Free Bungee Leash Set!
Of course we're a little biased, but it's a truly practical and multipurpose set up that takes your running game to a whole new level, promised.
In this blog post, you'll find everything there is to know about our Hands-Free Bungee Leash Set, along with a little extra special treat - a video Q&A with our CEO & Founder Corey. In it, he shares the story behind the design of the leash and more, so read on to find out all about it!
Best Dog Leash for Running: The Mighty Paw Hands-Free Bungee Leash Set
Features & Benefits of the Mighty Paw Hands-Free Bungee Leash Set
- Comes in 2 lengths (36" or 48" leash)
- High quality, durable material
- Weatherproof material
- Shock-absorbing bungee has 16" of "spring," extending to 56"
- Additional D-ring on leash to hold keys or poop bags
- Works best for dogs 30-100 lbs
- Additional rotating D-ring on belt
- Durable clasps and connectors
- Reflective stitching for low-light visibility
Tip: Use the 3 ft leash if your dog runs right by your side, and the 4 ft leash if he or she tends to run ahead of you.
Video Q&A With Mighty Paw CEO & Founder Corey Smith
As I mentioned briefly in the introduction, Mighty Paw's CEO & Founder Corey joined me for a little Q&A video about his first product baby so to speak, the Mighty Paw Hands-Free Bungee Leash Set!
How to Use the Mighty Paw Hands-Free Bungee Leash Set
Our Hands-Free Bungee Leash Set consists of a belt that you wear around your waist and a bungee leash that you clip on the belt and then to your dog's collar or harness.
Tip: Clip the bungee leash onto the leash attachment on the back of your dog's harness if you want him or her to pull you. If you want them next to you, it's easier to just clip the bungee leash onto their collar.
The belt is available in two sizes and easily adjusts.
The leash comes with a built-in traffic handle right next to your dog's head. This feature comes in handy when you need to keep your dog right next to you.
For example, when you're running or walking by other dogs or people, or the occasional small critter like a rabbit, cat or squirrel decides to cross your path!
Corey already gave it away in his video, and I'm here to confirm it because I personally am actually not a runner but LOVE this leash all the same!
The Hands-Free Bungee Leash Set doesn't only work great for running, it's also wonderful to use on extended walks and hikes, snow or shine!
The hands-free bungee leash set is a not a good option to run or walk dogs that weigh less than 30lbs, so that's something to keep in mind.
Are you ready for comfortable hands-free running, walking or hiking with our Mighty Paw Hands-Free Bungee Leash Set? Pick one up here!
Barbara Rivers writes regularly for Mighty Paw. She is a blogger, raw feeder, former dog walker and maintains the blog K9s Over Coffee.
If you enjoyed this blog post, sign up for more here! You may also like:
Hands-Free Dog Leash Pros & Cons
P.S. We'd love to invite you to our Facebook Furlings group! It's a closed group with exclusive benefits for members only:
- Access to pre-production products in return for honest feedback
- Opportunity to peek behind the scenes: Get to know Mighty Paw on a more personal level
- Exclusive early sale access: We'll share our special discount codes with you before anyone else hears about them
- Be part of a community of like-minded dog lovers: Find dog training resources and get inspired and motivated by 2,000+ fellow Furlings