Hey Mighty Paw fam, Barbara here to talk to you about our convenient double dog leash!
As the name suggests, a double dog leash is a tandem leash for dogs, so instead of holding two leashes in your hand(s), you're only holding one.
That said, it's a convenient tool for people who have multiple pups who get along well together - both at home AND on the leash - and it can also be a good option for professional dog walkers!
Your pups don't even necessarily have to be of the same size because each coupler has two individually adjustable parts:
2 Dogs 1 Leash: Mighty Paw's Popular Double Dog Leash
Features of the Mighty Paw Double Dog Leash
Here at Mighty Paw, we carry a total of 3 different double dog leashes. The following features are the same for all 3:
- Adjustable length
- Get it with an optional handle or buy the coupler by itself to use with your favorite everyday leash
- Tangle-free swivel leash attachment
- Weather-proof nylon
- Durable hardware
- Reflective stitching
Here's where the 3 double dog leashes differ from one another:
Original double dog leash
Our original double dog leash is available in two sizes: Lite for dogs weighing 1-30lbs and Standard for dogs weighing 30-100lbs.
The weight always applies per dog. For example, the Lite option works for 2 dogs that each weigh up to 30lbs.
Border Collie Oso and Mutt Foxy enjoying their afternoon stroll on our Original Standard Double Dog Leash:
Double dog leash with rope handle
This double dog leash comes in one size that fits all pups up to 100lbs of weight (per dog)!
A tri-glide allows you to quickly adjust the leash between 16-24 inches on either side to fit each pup perfectly. The climbers’ rope handle is 36" (3ft) long.
Double bungee dog leash
Our double bungee dog leash is available in 3 sizes: X-Lite for dogs weighing 1-10lbs, Lite for dogs weighing 10-30lbs, and Standard for dogs weighing 30-100lbs.
The weight always applies per dog. For example, the Standard option works for 2 dogs that each weigh up to 100lbs.
Doodle Rory and Feist mix Wally walk together on the Standard Double Bungee Dog Leash:
Vizslas Maddie & Molly hike together on our Standard Double Bungee Dog Leash:
How to properly use the Mighty Paw Double Dog Leash
After seeing the pictures in this blog post, you probably already have a pretty good idea of how the set up works, but I'd still like to share 5 tips with you:
1. Practice walking on our double dog leash in a low distraction environment first if your pups aren't used to walking right next to each other yet. This could be in your living room or your yard.
3. If you're still working on polite leash walking skills, hand out treats on your walk for staying by your side. You can easily store and access them in our treat pouch!
4. Additionally, you can also clip the leash coupler to one of our short leash tabs. This is also a good option if you're taking your two pups into a high traffic environment. For example, the vet's or a crowded downtown area.
5. Similarly, you can clip the leash coupler to one of our long leashes if you're taking your pups to the beach and want them to have some more freedom. They come in 15 and 30 ft lengths and feature soft neoprene padded handles!
This type of leash works best for dogs who get along well together and don't lunge or pull excessively when leashed.
That said, it's important to know your dogs and their behavior!
If your pups are easily excitable when they're on leash, the double dog leash mighty not be the best option for them.
Ready for fun walking adventures on our double dog leash? Then click below:
- Double dog leash with regular handle
- Double dog leash with rope handle
- Double bungee dog leash with regular handle
Barbara Rivers writes regularly for Mighty Paw. She is a blogger, raw feeder, former dog walker and maintains the blog K9s Over Coffee.
If you enjoyed this blog post, sign up for more here! You may also like:
P.S. We'd love to invite you to our Facebook Furlings group! It's a closed group with exclusive benefits for members only:
- Access to pre-production products in return for honest feedback
- Opportunity to peek behind the scenes: Get to know Mighty Paw on a more personal level
- Exclusive early sale access: We'll share our special discount codes with you before anyone else hears about them
- Be part of a community of like-minded dog lovers: Find dog training resources and get inspired and motivated by your fellow 2,200+ Furlings